1. Fill out the application form and return it with proof of income(s) to our office at 765 Midglen Gardens S.E. (if the office is closed, please use the mail slot outside the office door which goes into a private office) along with a non-refundable Application fee to be paid by cheque or money order only. This fee is $30.00 for the first adult and $10.00 for each additional adult on the Application.
“Best Usage of Space Policy” to move into a unit will be followed:
Two (2) bedrooms – minimum one (1), maximum four (4) persons
Three (3) bedrooms – minimum three (3), maximum six (6) persons
2. Adequate proof of income is required and consists of a letter from your employer/s stating your monthly/yearly income, Notice of Assessment including verification of all other sources of income you may have. If you are self-employed, we require both your personal and business income tax assessment forms. Any maintenance/child support must be declared as income, and court documents or a sworn declaration must be provided as verification of the amount received per month. Further proof of income will be requested if necessary. The household income must be a minimum of $3,200.00 per month before taxes. A Credit /Rent check will be completed prior to the application going to the Board of Directors for approval.
3. The application goes to the Board of Directors for approval or denial of membership. If your Application is approved, a letter will be sent to you and your name/s will be added to the waiting list. Currently, the waiting list is over one (1) year. You will be contacted when a unit that meets your qualifications and requirements becomes available. If your Application is denied, you will be notified by letter and the reason for denial is not revealed to anyone.
4. When a unit becomes available, arrangements will be made for you to view the unit. If you choose to accept the unit, you must immediately contact the office and pay a NONREFUNDABLE deposit of no less than $750.00 in guaranteed funds (certified cheque, bank draft, or money order; no cash) to hold the unit. If you choose to not accept the unit, you must notify the office. You will only be offered a total of three (3) units at Alberta 75 Housing Co-operative Limited.
5. The remainder of the Shares $750.00 and the $204.00 prepaid Lake fees must be paid in guaranteed funds (no cash) at least two (2) weeks prior to taking possession of your unit. Post-dated cheques will be required at this time for your first month and the balance of Alberta 75’s fiscal which is April 1 to March 31 for your monthly housing charge.”